Wednesday 22 October 2014

My 2014 Heroes Weekend

I had hoped to get this post out yesterday but I have been ill for the entire weekend and my recovery has been slow. Despite being sick, I still took the opportunity to enjoy my four day weekend as much as possible. Jamaica just celebrated National Heroes Day and I'm pretty sure everyone had great plans for their holiday. My plans were very simple but fun nonetheless. I took things easy on Friday night in preparation for the rest of the weekend. On Saturday, my boyfriend and I hosted a small pool party. We invited friends to drink, chill out and use the pool. We had interesting discussion and played games while listening to an amazing Dub soundtrack curated by a friend. It was very relaxing spending time with cool friends on Saturday afternoon.

Setting up Battleshots...the drinking version of Battleship :)

 Listen to Bam's Dub Playlist below:



After our pool flex, I went out with two of my friends to have drinks at a bar called, Off The Grid. It was even more chill than earlier in the day. We just spent a few hours talking and enjoying the quiet evening.


Sunday was spent battling my illness and relaxing and recovering from the activities of the day before. On Monday, my boyfriend and I were invited to our friends' home for a barbecue. While there, we grilled chicken and beef burgers and made hot dogs and fries. Cooking was fun but we also watched movies, played video games and drinking games. It was a fantastic time. 





I hope to share more of my weekends with you in the future. Thanks for reading!

Peace, Love & Blaze,
Afayah

6 comments:

  1. I'm lime green jelly Afayah :)
    looks like an awesome day, thanks for sharing :P
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a chill and relaxing weekend though. I wish holidays could go one for weeks at a time lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Relaxing can be fun even though some people think it's boring. Thanks for reading!

      Delete